Apr 30, 2013

How to Make a Duct Tape Purse and Flower


One of the more popular posts on my blog has been duct tape purses.  Many of you have contacted me asking for directions, especially for the flower.  I'm happy to announce that I have completed two videos that take you step-by-step through the process.  I hope you enjoy them!

This purse is made from denim blue and white duct tape with a yellow gingham fabric lining.  

  

It features a bright, bold yellow flower! 


The corners are boxed. 


The handles are secured with silver brads.


To view the video tutorials, just click on the photos below, or the links, where you will be redirected to my youtube channel.  If you like the videos, please like, share, or subscribe to my channel so you can be informed when new videos are available.  Thanks!!







 I like to link to these great parties!

Featured on:
Ginger Snap Crafts!



16 comments:

  1. What a cute purse! Love it! Thank you for sharing! I’d love to have you visit me at Get Your Crap Together! We have a Pattern Party from the 1st of the month to the 10th and would love you to check it out. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I could make one of these for the beach. It would be so cute. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned From Above.
    Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute purse! I can't believe it's tape! I love the stripes and the flower!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/04/submarine-sunday-29.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the blue denim duct tape, it almost looks real!

      Delete
  4. Looks so cute--that denim tape is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!

    I would love for you to share this and link up to my TGIF Link Party! Who knows, you just might be featured next week!

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-peek-into-my-paradise-tgif-link-party.html

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, Susan! Turned out great. Pinning it :)

    Thanks so much for linking up at the Wildly Original party.
    <3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Featuring YOU today! Thank you for linking up to {wow me} wednesday!

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2013/05/12-chevron-and-stripes-projects.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter made one of these for her and her little one! They are so great! The little one is starting preschool today with her duct tape bag over her shoulder! :) Can I ask: Where do you purchase the duct tape sheets?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how fun!! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agreed with every comment above..!!

    The duct tape purse is totally cute and adorable.

    The flower adds more beauty to the purse and I will also like to say that color of the purse is also a great choice.

    However, with intent to learn more about duct tape purses I surfed the web and found edgywallets.com which helped me a lot learn the process of how to make duct tape purse & wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! Where do you find such cute buttons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy! Thank you! The center of the flower is actually an earring with the back removed. I just glued it in place using E6000. Good luck!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate the feedback and always look forward to reading what you have to say! Susan